- Joe Tripodi and Cherie Burton are gone, and we do not yet know much about the new minister. Matt Brown.
- Reshaping Public Housing will not really begin to bite until the first set of short-term leases are due.
- She has always thought the water rates issue was the least of our problems and a furphy that people spent too much time worretting at, probably because it was measurable, adn hours cd be spent arguing over a dollar a week.
- She is not opposed to devolution on ideological grounds , though she has some fears about a slippery slope to abandonment of a wholistic commitment to Public Housing, however flawed and monolithic some of the "social experiments" have been
- Having worked in all kinds of large scale institutions over the years, she knows that reform has a huge administrative overhead, and change simply cannot happen over night
- She has always believed in a strong public service, and a public service ethic. The Departmental staff she has met over the past 10 years have been really nice, with only 2 people she would call "bad apples", which is not a bad score. And this in a time of funding cutbacks from the Heartless Howardsters.
- She has observed that the Department is making great efforts to modernise, albeit, being relatively new to Housing politics, she does not know the historical background.
[However, there have been some recurring issues in her area
- The feeling that there is no immediate relief in sight for the lack of support for people with mental illness being dumped in public housing. This is detrimental to both people with mental health problems and their neighbours
- A persistent pattern, reported all over, of DoH staff promising and then not returning calls. It is not clear whether the reasons are understaffing, poor administrative systems, poor management, lack of morale, or outdated work cultures.
- Completely avoidable mishandling of the announcement of the Lilyfield redevelopment. Hopefully Matt Brown, will take a more responsible stance.]
Her ventriloquist reckons, that she, unlike DH, is a balanced and reasonable human being, while DH uses up too much of her head space trying to think up new things to complain about.