Happy 2010 and it's on again for young and old!
Oh the crocodile tears being shed by the SMH over West Ryde whose property values are dropping because 9 houso families are trying to move in.
Meanwhile, the Daily Telegraph's crocodile tears are splashing all over the 50,000 people on Public Housing waiting lists
Tomorrow, no doubt, the Tele and the SMH will change lobsters, ... er, crocodiles... and dance to the opposite tune.
A few facts for the SMH:
- most housos can't afford cars and don't need car parking spaces
- research shows housing estate carparks are colonised by the surrounding private residents
- waiting lists have blown out because the Evil Howard Liberals starved the states of funding for public housing for a decade
- Federal Labor is trying to do something about it fast. Greg, you do understand that eggs have to be broken for omelettes, don't you?
- And when did NSW Liberals ever give a damn about public housing? Can you trust 'em as far as you can throw 'em?
You'll think public housing is a great idea when granny gets evicted, when big brother gets schizophrenia, when brother-in-law deserts sis with the kids, when you get a chronic ailment and can't work; when you can no longer afford to live within 3 hours of your workplace. . .
In case you've forgotten the steps of the Lobster Quadrille, you form 2 lines, advance twice, each with a Lobster as a partner of course, change sides, and then, if you're sensible, you throw the Lobsters as far out to sea as you can... (Alice in Wonderland).