DH has been peremptorily summonsed to an interview with Kafkalink for a "random sample survey" being conducted on her Newstart Allowance.
She will have to rustle up in short order:
- proof of birth
- original documents to the value of 50 points that will help confirm your identity
- proof of Australian residence, if you were born outside Australia (for example, your passport or
- details of any employment undertaken in the last 12 months (for example, payslips)
- all current bank, building society or credit union statements or passbooks
- details of any income you receive from any other sources (for example, real estate, boarders,
- details of any assets with proof of income (if any) you get from these assets
- details of what you have done to find work in the past 4 weeks (if you have a Job Seeker Diary
There is nothing "random" about it. Centrelinks's internal administration is so hopeless that their left hands don't know what their right hands are doing. DH is, as befits her advancing years, on quarterly reporting, rather than fortnightly reporting. So when she reported her last job, a contract for 4 weeks beginning in May, she was told not to worry, just report it on the 1st of July. Idiot she is, she trusted them and didn't insist on a written copy of the determination. Meanwhile, data matching apparently shook her out in the interim, thus it was that the system once again went into fibrillation with all the alarm bells going hysterical
Now you would think that with so many people on quarterly reporting, Kafkalink would have figured out a process for handling intermediate income without dragooning its "customers" through this tiresome process that we have all gone through so many times already.